Notice: The Tweet Nest support forum has been moved to the GitHub issue tracker. Please report all issues there. Thank you!
Post a reply

Fatal error attempting authorization

A forum thread posted in Tweet Nest by xxiinophobia on Oct 16th, 2013

xxiinophobia OP

I’m in the process of upgrading my TweetNest installation (http://noroadsleft.net/tweetnest/). I initially had version 0.8.1, but just updated to 1.1.

I was careful to upload everything except inc/config.php per the upgrade instructions on the main page. I registered my TweetNest install on Twitter’s Dev page, with the consumer key and consumer secret identifiers, but when I click the button to authorize, I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or ‘}’ in /homepages/26/d241373273/htdocs/tweetnest/inc/twitteroauth/twitteroauth.php on line 17

On the initial authorize attempt, my server’s global PHP version was set to PHP 4. I changed it to 5.2 and tried again; no changes. Please advise.

xxiinophobia OP

I should add that previous to upgrading my TweetNest install was fully functional upon my last execution of loadtweets.php, which was May 9th.

Post a reply to this thread

Please log in with your Twitter account using the button below in order to participate.

Connect with Twitter